Sunday, March 20, 2011

The United States of Hypocrisy

Libyan leader Ghadaffi is villainized as being cruel and heartless to his own people.  I agree that he has been cruel to his people.  Yet, the United States is unwilling to examine the acts of cruelty that go on in our country everyday.  Is there another country with more violence than ours?  Is there another country where guns are more easily accessible?  Is there another country that is promoting wars as much as ours?  Is there another country that is selling more weapons for war to other countries than ours?  Is there another country that has legalized the killing of over 50 million babies and given finances to other countries promoting the killing of more babies? 

We need to take an honest look at ourselves.  Being the richest and most powerful country in the World does not justify all of our actions.  We are a democracy...we are in this together.  I am not pointing the finger and putting the blame on others...the blame is on all of us and that starts with me.  It's time to speak up and be honest about where we are at.  I need to change my ways...we need to change our ways.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall turn from their wicked ways and repent, I will hear their prayers and heal their land"

3 comments:

  1. My concern is why Libya and not the other nations in the region fighting for more freedom. As long as the oil flows, we really do not care what kind of rule people live under. This might not be our fight if we used more solar and wind power but then, those are free and plentiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question I have is, 'why are we sticking our nose in other nations' business'...all this stirring up of other nations in the middle east has me wondering who and what is behind it all. One thought I have is that part of the plan is to destablize the region more than it already is, and set up a situation where Israel can be attacked by several surrounding nations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.lewrockwell.com/rep2/libya-rebels-central-bank.html

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul730.html

    check out these two links for some good insights on the why the US is involved in the Libya situation

    ReplyDelete