Friday, July 29, 2011

Love Your Enemies

Jesus is so good.  He is 'the Word made flesh'.  He is the God "I Am".  He came to explain and to demonstrate what all the scriptures are about.  Jesus told the Pharisee's "You search the scriptures because you think you will find eternal life in them, but the scriptures point to me!  But you refuse to come to me to recieve this life".  The Pharisee's had it all wrong, they put the focus on the written word and the law.  They missed the Messiah who was walking right in front of them.  Not only did they not recognize Him, they were intent on killing him and eventually did. 

Jesus said "I only say what I hear the Father say" and "I only do what I see the Father doing".  Jesus said "to all who are willing to listen, love your enemies.  Do good to them that hate you.  Bless those that curse you.  Pray for those that despitefully use you".  That is direct teaching from Jesus, telling us what He heard from the Father.  This is His command.  This is what we must do.  We should not filter and reason with what Jesus is telling us.  We must learn to listen and obey.  I must learn to listen and obey.  He goes on to say, "when someone asks for something you give it to them.  Give without expecting to get it back".  Wow!  That is true religion.  I need to get better at that.  Much better.  Lets all try to read the words of Jesus without filtering them.  To be like Him, we need to listen to Him and follow His commands.  He said "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord' and not do what I say?"  Lord Jesus, help us to listen and to obey and follow your commands and teachings without filtering them with our own reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment