Monday, April 4, 2011

A Father's Perspective On The Wars

The following was sent by Michael Jorgensen (my older brother) in reply to the story "Bring Our Men and Women Home".  His son Matthew Jorgensen served his country bravely with several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Date: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 4:41 AM
 I took some time to think about this
 one. Here's what I came up with. While I think that our
 goals in Afghanistan may have been in defense of our
 country.(Osama and the Taliban) I don't believe they were as
 clear, ever in Iraq. Now as witnessed by the recent events
 in Afghanistan, we need to remember that these are a warring
 people who have been doing that for thousands of years. So I
 doubt that just because we come in and say "Here, try a little
 democracy", will change that. Now we also need to remember
 that there were certain factions in these countries that
 asked for our help. Now does that mean we need to do that?
 Probably not. So after all that, I do agree that it is time
to bring our young men and women home, immediately. I wish
 this was one promise President Obama had kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment